This is the national security podcast crossover of the century! Or at least of the year…ok maybe of Spring 2022! For this special episode of the “War on the Rocks” podcast, Doyle Hodges of “Horns of a Dilemma” hosts Zack Cooper, Melanie Marlowe, and Chris Preble of “Net Assessment.” They try to sort through relations between Moscow and Beijing in this time of war, as well as a whole bunch of related issues. And yes, they engage in the airing of grievances, a “Net Assessment” tradition. Make sure you subscribe to their podcasts, which are a part of the War on the Rocks family.
- Odd Arne Westad, “The Next Sino-Russian Split? Beijing Will Ultimately Come to Regret Its Support for Moscow,” Foreign Affairs, April 5, 2022.
- Stephen Kotkin, “The Weakness of the Despot,” interview by David Remnick, The New Yorker, March 11, 2022.
- Bill Tomson, “Tai: Free Trade Agreements are ‘20th Century’ Tools,” Agri-Pulse, March 23, 2022.
- Sergey Radchenko and M.E. Sarotte, “What China Can Learn From German History,” Foreign Affairs, April 12, 2022.
- Mark L. Haas, The Ideological Origins of Great Power Politics, 1789-1989 (Cornell, NY: Cornell University Press, 2005).
- Annie Shiel and John Ramming Chappell, “DoD Can’t Move Forward on Civilian Casualties Without Looking Back,” Just Security, April 19, 2022.
Image: The Kremlin